US Department of Energy
Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
Building Technologies Office
Project Period: July 15, 2015 – July 14, 2018
- Realize a 20% aggregate energy savings across more than 200 buildings in the Greater Charlotte region.
- Utilize smart city initiatives to create scalable, replicable models for the reduction of energy, water, and waste across a wide spectrum of unreached or under-reached markets.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive behavioral change component to ensure sustainability improvements persist beyond the period of the project.
- Commercial, Real Estate, & Hospitality;
- Higher Education;
- Healthcare; and
Impact of Project
By enabling building energy-use reductions in the Greater Charlotte Area, Envision Charlotte will:
- Reduce the cost of doing business in Charlotte, resulting in the creation of greater economic development and environmental benefits;
- Serve as a replicable model for other urban business cores; and
- Capitalize on current momentum to realize our mission to make Uptown Charlotte the most sustainable urban core in the nation.
Data Foundation & Energy Roundtable
- UNC Charlotte SIBS leads student teams through a two tiered approach that first identifies operational energy savings opportunities and then identifies capital improvements that improve energy performance and increase property value for participating buildings.